Home Popcorn Popping Tips
Posted on March 06 2017
Did you know you can buy our big fluffy mushroom popcorn in raw-kernel form?
Here are some tips to make your popcorn pop perfectly!
- Popcorn pops best at temperatures of 400-460 degrees Fahrenheit, if your oil starts to smoke, which happens at 500 degrees Fahrenheit, its too hot.
- You can pop popcorn in any type of oil.
- Use enough oil to lightly coat the bottom of your pan
- For a healthier option use a light cooking oil or skip the oil and use an air popper
- To test if your oil is hot enough, drop in a few kernels, if its hot enough, they should pop in a few seconds
- If you don't have a popcorn popper, any thick walled high walled pan will work
- When your oil is ready, pour in your popcorn and shake the pan to cover the seeds with oil. Once the popping begins, keep shaking the pan to keep the unpopped kernels falling to the bottom of the pan where they can pop
- As soon as the popcorn popping slows down, to prevent burning, remove your pan from heat and transfer the popcorn to your bowl or container.